Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Best & The Worst: Mascara

One of the most used makeup items I use is mascara. I'm obsessed with my eyes. I've tried so many brands of mascara over the past few years it's crazy. Luckily though, I've managed to find that perfect one that just knocks my socks off. Plus, I'll be showing you the ones that I have deemed "the worst".

The Worst:

1) Neutrogena healthy volume waterproof. The right picture. Okay, so I wouldn't exactly say this one is absolutely horrible. I actually really liked it when I first bought it, but overtime I became annoyed by how many coats I had to use just to get my lashes darker. I also hated scrubbing every night trying to get it off, ending up with raccoon eyes. It dried out fast and I'm not a fan of the oversized brush. But don't let that give Neutrogena a bad name. I adore their makeup.

2) Great Lash by Maybelline. The left. This is by far one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried. A friend of mine actually told me to get it and that it was worth the money. That couldn't be anymore of a lie. This stuff is so thick that it clumps like crazy. I didn't get beautiful long, black eyelashes at all. It was like glue. All my eyelashes stuck together and it looked so fake. The brush is so tiny and hard too. It doesn't even stay on that well, but I can't say that's exactly a bad thing considering I wanted to take it off the moment I put it on. I love Maybelline, but this, a big NO.

3) The Rocket Volume Express by Maybelline. The middle. This mascara deserves an award. It's literally the only mascara I buy anymore. It lasts all day, totally waterproof but not impossible to get off, it doesn't clump, the brush is rubbery and coats my eyelashes perfectly, it takes one coat, and it makes my eyelashes look longer. Two thumbs up. Good job Maybelline. I totally recommend.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for following my blog, I've just started on here as well! I read through all of your reviews and I now have to go out and try a few of them ;) I've certainly followed back!

    Have a wonderful day! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try the Rocket mascara! I'll be reviewing more soon too. I look forward to more of your posts :)

      Delete